Cassey Ho (born January 16, 1987) is social-media fitness entrepreneur with a YouTube channel and a website that sells fitness apparel. In 2013, she received a Shorty Award in the category of social fitness. In 2014, she discovered a photo of a model on Target Corporation's website with a photoshopped thigh gap, for which Target subsequently apologized.
Cassey Ho was born in Los Angeles, California, and grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. In 2003, she was the winner of the Miss Teen Chinatown pageant. She attended Whittier College and graduated in 2009 with a degree in biology.
Ho is a social-media fitness entrepreneur who established oGorgeous and has a YouTube channel called Blogilaties. She started her online fitness businesses while she was still in college. Ho started posting fitness videos on YouTube in 2009 after she decided to move from Los Angeles, California to Boston, Massachusetts for a full-time job as a fashion buyer. She had been a part-time Pilates instructor and wanted to provide the students she was leaving with online fitness workouts after she moved to Boston. Nine months after she moved to Boston to work as a fashion buyer, she quit her job to teach Pilates classes. During this time, she made more fitness videos to upload to YouTube and her views and subscribers began to rapidly increase. Ho has reported that as a result of the businesses she has started, she has a six figure income.
In 2012, Ho created a printable on how to get a "thigh gap". Later, however, she came to view the obsession with obtaining a thigh gap as a serious health issue. In 2014, while looking for a bikini on Target's website, she noticed an image of a model with a photoshopped thigh gap. After her post drew media attention, Target apologized for manipulating the photo.
- Humphrey, Michael (17 April 2014). "A Chat With Cassey Ho: On Target, Thigh Gaps And Health-Body Balance". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelhumphrey/2014/04/17/a-chat-with-cassey-ho-on-target-thigh-gaps-and-health-body-balance/. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Burning questions answered!". Cassey Ho. http://blogilates.tumblr.com/post/5629412329/burning-questions-answered. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "2003-2004 Miss Teen ChinatownCourt". Chinatown San Francisco. http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com/events/missteenchinatown/presentcourt.html. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Fitness Guru Cassey Ho Wins Social Media Award". Whittier College. 11 April 2013. http://www.whittier.edu/news/fitness-guru-cassey-ho-wins-social-media-award. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Humphrey, Michael (9 October 2012). "Cassey Ho: 5 Questions For YouTube's Rising Women Of Power". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelhumphrey/2012/10/09/cassey-ho-5-questions-for-youtubes-rising-women-of-power/. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Pipkin, Whitney (29 November 2013). "Are Asian Americans Taking Over the Internet?". Asian Fortune. http://www.asianfortunenews.com/tag/cassey-ho/. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Belilovskaya, Liz. "Fitness Entrepreneur and Pilates Beast, Cassey Ho". Raine Magazine. http://rainemagazine.com/culture/cassey-ho/. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Travers, Colleen (30 November 2011). "Your Post-Thanksgiving Tune Up". Fitness. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/blogs/fitstop/2011/11/30/fitness/your-post-thanksgiving-tune-up/. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- Fulmer, Melinda (13 April 2013). "Cassey Ho's triangle lift sculpts the lower body". Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/13/health/la-he-try-this-ho-triangle-20130413. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Shelton, Samantha (3 July 2012). "cassey ho". Fitness Magazine. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/blogs/fitstop/tag/cassey-ho/. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Farnham, Alan (30 August 2012). "More People Getting Rich Off YouTube Videos". ABC News. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/youtube-making-people-rich/story?id=17104798. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Daily Mail Reporter (30 August 2013). "How we're cashing in on YouTube: Thousands are pulling in SIX-FIGURE incomes with home-made videos". Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2196110/THOUSANDS-people-making-SIX-FIGURE-income-home-YouTube-videos.html. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "The best on social media - Shorty Awards winners". Fox News. 11 April 2013. http://video.foxnews.com/v/2293949518001/the-best-on-social-media---shorty-awards-winners/?playlist_id=931078471001#sp=show-clips. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Ho, Cassey. "New printable! How to get an inner thigh gap in 4 easy moves!". Blogilates. http://blogilates.tumblr.com/post/8565096793/new-printable-how-to-get-an-inner-thigh-gap-in-4. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Ho, Cassey. "Umm, excuse me? Is this Target model for real?". Blogilates. http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2014/03/10/umm-excuse-me-is-this-target-model-for-real/. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- ABC News (12 March 2014). "Target Apologizes for ‘Thigh Gap’ Photoshop Fail". ABC News. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2014/03/target-apologizes-for-thigh-gap-photoshop-fail/. Retrieved 24 April 2014.